Malshej Ghat Camping
Malshej Ghat is a mountain pass that soars 2250 feet above the sea level, and it is not far from Mumbai and Pune. The area blessed with rich biodiversity, and it is a great spot to do bird-watching activities. MalshejGhat is a top destination for nature lovers and photographers as you will surely be mesmerized by its beauty. Malshej Ghat is a beautiful location near Mumbai and Pune. Our campsite is located at Pimpalgaon Joga Dam. Join this camping and enjoy beautiful evening by the lakeside.
Malshej Campsite Details
- Lakeside camping
- Toilets are available
- Region: Malshej Ghat
Cost (without transport)
- Child (below 10 yrs): Rs. 1000/- (per person)
- Adult (10 yrs and above): Rs. 1300/- (per person)
Malshej Ghat Camping Itinerary
15:00 Check-in at the Malshej Ghat campsite.
16:00 Evening tea & snacks.
After evening snacks fun activities and enjoy sunset.
20:00 Enjoy BBQ.
06:00 Wake up and freshen up.
06:30 Small trek near campsite.
11:00 Check out from the campsite.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- Tents on sharing basis (with camping mat and blanket)
- Evening tea & snacks, Dinner (veg/non-veg), BBQ (limited) and Morning breakfast
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Face mask or shield
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
FAQ Malshej Ghat Camping
1. Malshej Ghat Camping Distance from Mumbai?
150 km from Mumbai, 4 hours driving distance.
2. Malshej Ghat Camping Distance from Pune?
135 km from Pune, 4 hours driving distance.
3. Malshej Ghat Camping driving directions for Self-drive option?
We will provide Google maps coordinates to reach the campsite.
4. Are toilets available for Malshej Ghat Camping?
Yes, Indian style toilets are available.
Treks around Malshej Ghat
Malshej Ghat is an excellent destination to go hiking surrounded by historical forts, lush greeneries, stunning resorts, waterfalls, wildlife sanctuaries, and Buddhist caves that you can explore. Some of the most popular trekking routes that you can explore are Kalu Waterfall, Naneghat Trek, Jividhan and Naneghat Fort Trek, Bhairavgad Moroshi, Sindola Fort Trek, Harishchandragad Fort Trek, and many Sahyadri Forts near Junnar region.
Stay options near Malshej ghat
Malshej Ghat is famous for camping during the winter season and summer season. You can also head to Pimpalgaon Joga Dam to camp, but you will need to make your camping arrangement beforehand. Some of the best places that you can stay close to Malshej Ghat are MTDC Malshej Ghat, Rainbow Hills, Saj by the Lake, and Malshej Agro Resort. You will be spoilt with the option of where to pitch your tent.
Places to visit in Malshej Ghat
1. Malshej WaterFalls
Malshej Ghat surrounded by numerous mesmerizing waterfalls which full during the monsoon season. The offers magnificent scenery, and it is a fun place to explore in Malshej Ghat. Kalu Waterfalls is the highest waterfall in Malshej Ghat. Named after the Kalu river which starts from Harishchandragad Fort, passing from Khireshwar village. Reticha Zura forms the sister falls of Kalu Waterfall. Together they are known as Malshej Waterfalls. There are many big and small waterfalls along the Ghat. The waterfalls in Malshej Ghat are great destinations to take Instagram-worthy pictures and also to appreciate the natural beauty of the area.
2. Harishchandragad Fort
Harishchandargad fort constructed in the 6th century and located at about 1424 meters above the sea level. The fort used for guarding and controlling the surrounding regions, and it houses Lord Vishnu temples with varieties of idols. You are also going to find Buddhist caves that attract lots of people and the highlight is the Harishchandragad peak. The fort surrounded by hiking trails that you can explore, and you can visit it any time of the year.
3. Pimpalgaon Joga Dam
Pimpalgaon Joga is a lovely dam that is 5 km long, and it stretches across the Pushpavati river. The dam is a hotspot for bird watchers as it houses varieties of rare species of birds around the dam. Some of the birds that you can find here are pitta, alpine swift, purple-moorhen, green pigeon, whistling thrush, and pied crested cuckoo. If you visit during the winter season, you are also going to find colonies of migratory flamingos here.
4. Ajoba Hill Fort
Ajoba Parbat is a top destination to go to Malshej Ghat if you are an adventure lover. Ajoba Hill is popularly known as the perfect destination to go rock climbing and trekking. You should also make sure you do not miss the Dhakoba peak, which is close to the Ajoba Parvat. Some of the other places that you can go close to MalshejGhat are Naneghat Trek, Shivneri Fort, Sindola Fort Trek.
Best season to visit - Malshej Ghat
You should also keep in mind that Ghat can be closed or blocked by the authorities during the monsoon season because of too many crowds that want to visit the waterfalls and they are also prone to landslide. If you love Astrophotography, the best time to go is during the summer because of the Ghat located in one of the darkest places in Maharashtra. During the day it will be hot at Malshej ghat. Winter and Summer nights are ideal for camping at Malshej.
Weather in Malshej Ghat
The summer in Melshej Ghat stretches from March to June, and it is usually hot during the season. The temperature during the summer can go as high as 35 degrees Celsius. The monsoon season is an enchanting time to experience the true beauty of Malshej Ghat, and it is usually between July to September. Malshej Ghat receives an average to moderate amount of rainfall during the season. The winter season is generally from October to February, and the region transformed into a paradise. The temperature during the winter is below 15 degrees Celsius, which makes it the best time to go hiking and to explore the nature trails.