Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialties of the cave.
Kothaligad night trek | Peth Fort event details
- Kothaligad (Peth) night trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village.
- Region: Karjat.
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
- Duration: 1 Day and 1 night.
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 ft. (approx.).
Cost for Kothaligad Trek
- By Bus: Rs. 1199/- per person
- Coming directly to base village: Rs. 599/- per person
Kothaligad Night Trek Itinerary
- 10:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 11:00 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 11:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 12:00 am - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 12:15 am - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
- 12:45 am - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 01:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
- 03:00 Reach Ambivali village.
- 03:45 Start ascending.
- 06:30 Reach at the top and explore.
- 08:00 Start descending.
- 11:00 Reach at base village and have breakfast.
- 12:00 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
- 16:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel by private non-AC vehicle (Bus option)
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 90 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Kothaligad (Peth)?
2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com