Korigad Trek (Monsoon Trek To Korigad)
Korigad (also called Koraigad, Koarigad or Kumwarigad) is a hill fort located about 20 km south of Lonavla in Pune district, Maharashtra, India. Its date of construction is not known but likely predates 1500. It is about 929 meters above sea level. The planned township of Aamby Valley is built over the fort's southern and eastern foothills. The closest village is Peth Shahpur about 1 km north of the fort. The fort is located about 929 m 3,049 feet above sea level, rising over 200 meters or 660 feet higher than the neighboring valleys. To the east, there lie two artificial lakes part of the Aamby Valley project which later drains into the Mulshi reservoir. There are two lakes on the top of the fort. This fort can be visited at any time of the year. Even a night trek during summer gives a nice experience. There are a lot of camping sites on the fort. There are three temples on the fort which provide ample cover. The Korai Devi temple can accommodate 25 persons.
Korigad Fort History
During 1657 Korigad was captured by Shivaji Maharaj along with Tung, Tikona, Visapur, Lohagad Fort and few more. Twelve forts were kept with Shivaji Maharaj after the treaty of Purander, Shivaji Maharaj kept Korigad Fort with him which proves the importance of this fort. March 11th, 1818, Col Prothar attacked this Fort after three days of fighting with Valour by Mavalas, the British blew off the storeroom of ammunition using cannon fire and the fort was lost to British on March 14th, 1818.
Monsoon Special Discount on Groups
4 to 5 participants (5% discount): Use coupon code GRP5
6 and above participants (8% discount): Use coupon code GRP8
Batches for Korigad Fort Monsoon Trek
Koraigad Trek Event Details
- Korigad Fort Trek Difficulty Level: Easy
- Base Village for Korigad Fort: Peth Shahpur
- Region: Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing Korigad Fort: 1 hour one way
- Duration: 1 day
- Korigad Fort Height: 3000 ft. (approx.)
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Korigad Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 Lonavala
08:00 Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Korigad fort.
09:30 Reach at base village and breakfast.
10:00 Start ascending.
11:00 Reach the top and explore.
14:00 Reach at base and lunch.
15:00 Move to Lonavala Station.
17:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to base and back to Lonavala travel by local jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Lonavala from Mumbai/Pune
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Peth Shahpur?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Peth Shahpur?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 125 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Peth Shahpur?
Two and Half hour’s drive from Pune - 90 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Korigad fort?
No. Food available at base village
6. How much time required climbing Korigad fort?
1 hour (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Korigad fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
Toilets are available at base village - eastern style commode.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Korigad Trek 2019 | Korigad Fort Trek, Lonavala | Monsoon Trek
Monsoon Trek to Korigad Fort is one of the shortest, easiest treks, and is perfect for beginners. Trek to Korigad near Mumbai and Pune – Treks and Trails India.
Korigad is a hill fort located about 20 km (12 mi) south of Lonavla in Pune district, Maharashtra, India.
Korigad is a beautiful hill fort located at around 20 kms from Lonavala near Amby Valley. This is a fort which you can visit during any time of the year.
Korigad Fort trek is a very easy trek located near to touristy town Lonavala. Standing at an elevation of around 920 meters from sea level, Korigad fort top gives some stunning view of the Aamby Valley city along with the Tung and Tikona fort.
How do I get to Korigad?
How to get there : Korigad is situated close to Lonavala. If you are travelling by car, reach Lonavala via the Mumbai-Pune highway. Once you reach Lonavala head north and take the Jalvayyu marg. Pass the Simbi point and then take the Vayyu marg.
How do I get to Korigad by train?
By Rail: The nearest railway station from Korigad Fort is at Lonavala, which is well connected to nearby cities like Mumbai and Pune by rail. From the station, you can hire a cab to Korigad. It will take you an approximate time of 1 h to reach your destination from the station.
Korigad trek in lonavala is a small yet very enticing weekend trekking trip for nature lovers of Mumbai and Pune. Pack your bag, gather friends & hit the trail.
Read all about the majesty of Korigad in Maharashtra, which is an ancient fort resembling the setting of heaven. Find out everything about how to reach Korigad, its beauty and nearby places of interest.
Korigad trek in Lonavala is a small yet enticing trekking trip for nature lovers & trek enthusiasts of Mumbai and Pune. Views of Korigad and its surrounding in monsoon is simply mesmerizing. Book your seats with Treks and Trails India now!
Incoming search terms related to Korigad:- korigad fort information in marathi, korigad trek 2019, ghangad, tung tikona korigad fort, tikona fort, how to reach korigad by train, fort near lonavala, visapur fort