About Har Ki Dun Trek (Garhwal Himalayas)
- Trekking In Uttarakhand:
Cradle shaped hanging valley in Garhwal Himalayas is our trekking location Har Ki Doon Valley. Cover by snow peaks and alpine vegetation, the valley is above the sea level. It is connected to Bapsa Valley and is snow covered from December to March. Our trek starts from Taluka village and passes through many other communities like Gangaad, Osala, and Seema. The site is a delight for trekkers, both in summer and winter and is accessible through Govind National Park. We will trek along the Thamsa River till we reach Har Ki Dun Valley. Since the trekking trail isn’t used, birds and animals thrive in this region. One can spot langoor families near Puani Garaat. Black bears, wild boars, and Barasingha are few of the other animals you can detect if you’re lucky. Golden eagles and massive Himalayan griffins also live here.
Fixed Departure Dates - Har ki Dun Valley Trek
|May 2019||June 2019|
|11th - 17th May||8th - 14th June|
|25th - 31st May||22nd - 28th June|
Basic Details of Har Ki Dun Valley Trek:
- Location: Garhawal Himalayas, Uttarakhand.
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
- Maximum altitude: Jaundhar Glacier (4300m / 14107 ft.)
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Cost: Rs. 12,000 + 5% GST. (Dehradun to Dehradun)
How to reach Har Ki Dun Valley Trek:
Dehradun brings the closest to our base location with the airport Jolly Grant. It is well connected to all the states and city with a daily flight from Delhi.
From Delhi - DDN NZM AC EXPRESS (2205)
From Kolkata - Doon Express (13009)
From Mumbai - Dehradun Express (19019)
From Chennai - Dehradun express (12687)
Dehradun is well connected by roads across the country with NH 72 connecting regions like Panchkula, Chandigarh, and Shimla. There are ample Local and private buses to Dehradun.
Har Ki Doon Valley Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Dehradun – Sankri (1920m) 8 hrs Drive
The trip will start from Dehradun Railway Station with a morning pick up at 7.00 AM. We will drive to Sankri, via Mussoorie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers. The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead and overnight stay at Sankri.
Day 2: Sankri - Taluka - Osla (2600m) 40min Drive / 5-6hr Trek
After breakfast, a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 15 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad. At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Supin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees. Our stay will be at Seema which is opposite to the river from Osla. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: Osla - Har Ki Dun (3566m) 5-7 hrs Trek
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park. The Har Ki Dun valley route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks. The route, often used by villagers to lead their cattle into grazing pastures, will embark us on an interesting journey through forests which will give us ample opportunities to spot birds and unique flowers. A 45-minute walk, passing by small streams and a temple, the first meadows will welcome you with open arms and playful streams. Overnight stay in tents at Har Ki Dun, altitude of 3566 m.
Day 4: Explore Har Ki Dun
Today we can relax or go for any trails which are doable. Stay at Har Ki Dun in tents.
Day 5: Har Ki Dun - Seema (3-4 hrs Trek)
This day will mark our return journey to Seema with scenic landscapes keeping us company. The downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 11 km and takes about 3-4 hours. Overnight stay in rest houses or tents.
Day 06: Seema – Sankri (4-5 hrs Trek and 40min Drive)
Early morning trek will take us to from Seema to Taluka. This trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing cool water of the many streams we cross or pass by. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 7: Sankri – Dehradun (7-8 hrs Drive)
Post breakfast we will depart for Dehradun and arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon. The glorious trip ends here.
Har ki Dun Trek - Travel Guide, Trekking Tips, Itinerary
Har Ki Doon Trek - Trek in Uttarakhand. One of the most famous and adventurous Trekking in Uttarakhand is Har Ki Doon valley.
Har Ki Dun trek is a picturesque offbeat place that lies in the western Himalayas. Full of flawless natural treasures, Har ki dun valley is known as Valley of Gods.
One of the distinct multi day trek that is also easy, Har Ki Dun is an apt trek to spend some days away from nuances of fast city life.
Explore Har ki Dun, one of the most beautiful Trek in Uttrakhand. Join us for this trek perfect for beginners with Treks and Trails India.
One of the most gorgeous among Uttarakhand's trekking destinations, Har Ki Doon in the Garhwal Himalayas at. is a hanging valley famed for exquisite beauty.
Har Ki Dun Trek Tour Package Itinerary with great deals and discounts. Book the Har Ki Dun Trek from Delhi, Dehradun at guaranteed lowest price !!!
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the trek (Camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Transport till Dehradun and back
- All Meals from Dehradun-Sankri & Sankri-Dehradun
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Single room accommodations
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Extra meals
- Any other which not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- UV sunglasses
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 liter (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
The FAQ on Har Ki Doon Valley Trek:
1. How difficult is the Har ki doon valley trek?
Har ki doon valley trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with another high altitude trek.
2. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 4-8kms between our camping stations.
3. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
4. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers and porters.
5. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
6. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
7. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Har ki doon valley trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
8. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
9. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is professional and experienced. Our team do carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.