Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are the specialty of the cave. During monsoon, you can see many beautiful waterfalls below the fort. The fort looks like an inverted funnel, it is also known as funnel hill. Kothaligad Fort is famous for its night trek during winter and summer months. During fireflies season one can also spot fireflies near the fort.
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad (Peth) trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village / Ambivali village
- Region: Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
- Duration: 1 Day
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 feet approx.
- Cost: Rs. 900/- per person
Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat slow local timetable.
- 05:20 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:28 Byculla
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 07:39 Karjat
07:40 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
07:45 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Ambivali and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
12:15 Reach on top and explore.
15:30 Reach at Ambivali and Lunch.
16:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
18:00 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Ambivali for Kothaligad Trek?
Yes, location is available on google maps. We will provide the location after booking if you are coming by own transport. Please reach on time as per itinerary trek leader won't be able to wait in case you arrive late. No refund shall be provided if you miss the trek start timing. You have signed up for a group event kindly cooperate.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx
4. The number of days required for this event?
One Night and One Day is required for Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One Day for a monsoon Kothaligad trek.
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at the base village during the day
6. How much time required climbing the Kothaligad Trek route?
2.5 to 3 hours one way will be required for this Kothaligad Hikes.
7. Where can we park our cars at Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
Yes, parking space is available. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Is Toilet Available on Kothaligad Fort?
- Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do single traveler’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events, Single traveling females join our events. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Food is simple and nutritious, the taste will be different as it is cooked by locals.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google pay
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity or charging points are available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 30 degree - Day 39 degree approx. During monsoon, heavy rains are expected please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets to protect them. During winter and summer please wear full sleeves T-shirt and full track pants to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, insect bites.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, drugs are not allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. Participants creating trouble will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay. Music is not allowed you will miss out on important instruction being passed by trek leader. You can enjoy the sounds of nature in the outdoors while hiking.
21. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online on our website on the book now button. In case your question is not listed above you can email email@example.com. We also have the option to pay using UPI | Google Pay | Paytm | IMPS. You can click on the book now button all options are available to complete your payment.
22. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort located 90 km from Mumbai, You can drive till base village we will provide you the google maps.
23. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort. Mostly during the months of May and June.
Kothaligad Trek 2020 | Peth Fort Trek | Trek near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon Trek to Kothaligad Fort witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Mumbai & Pune. Kothaligad Fort is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and thrill climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base. Kothaligad Top offers 360-degree views of the Sahyadri ranges. Kothaligad Fort which is located in the vicinity of Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway.
How do I get to Kothaligad?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad / Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the history.